Dowsing

Sorry for unfinished post, my personal person from Porlock interrupted ...

As I said, that's one. But we all accept that concrete does set without thinking about it. Well, some of us might think we know, I used to, but it's always more complicated and less easily proved than we think.

I'm sure you're right ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The point he is making is that it doesn't work.

Reply to
tinnews

Yes, but there *is* an explanation that experts on concrete know about and can use to analyse why/how it sets and also make the setting better etc.

The same does *not* apply to dowsing.

Reply to
tinnews

How do you know ? :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You see a hat being worn inside a car...

Reply to
Joe

I have taught several people to do it for nothing. ;-)

I don't see what your problem is. It works for me. If you don't believe in it, that's fine.

It isn't a matter of belief, or faith, or anything like that. It is a simple practical technique that works in certain situations, that's all. You could do it. Almost anyone can.

Reply to
Tony Polson

If you want to know how concrete sets, ask a civil engineer. It was an essential part of my education and training over 30 years ago, and, I expect, of all civil engineers'.

Heck, even the Romans knew how it worked!

Try this link:

do a Google search on "cement hydration".

Reply to
Tony Polson

So what experience do *you* have?

Or do you just take at face value one man's blandishments "that it doesn't work"?

Almost anyone - even you - can be taught in a few minutes to locate underground cables and other services with two pieces of metal rod.

It's easy. It's quick to learn. And it works.

Reply to
Tony Polson

Easy $1000000 for you then, or maybe it just is tapping into the sub-councious part of the brain as discussed above.

Reply to
none

I read that as:- "the couscous part of the brain"

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Perhaps, my point was that we don't need to know HOW it works :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Quite. That would be just the same as taking at face value one man's blandishments that it DOES work.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I wondered if it were some part of the brain I didn't know about but didn't challenge because someone somewhere has probably set up a dollar fund to prove it exists.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I've done it with a thread over a map but I'd like to learn how to do it with rods. Are you anywhere near Yorkshire?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The message from Frank Erskine contains these words:

That's thought transferrence from the other Shed, innit.

Reply to
Guy King

I realised that, Mary. I posted the link because some among the throng might actually be interested to know.

;-)

Reply to
Tony Polson

That's probably because you have a well developed sense of humous.

;-)

Reply to
Tony Polson

I'm not making blandishments. I have no need to prove anything to anyone, whether for free or for some large sum of money. Whether it works to someone else's satisfaction, or not, is immaterial here.

All I know is that, even as a sceptic, I have successfully found underground services with the technique, with a surprising degree of accuracy.

Perhaps I was just lucky.

;-)

Reply to
Tony Polson

Not any more, alas. I'm based in Somerset.

Reply to
Tony Polson

I love it when you tallk dirty ...

Reply to