Downstairs toilet

Hi All, Wondering if someone can give me a bit of advise about fitting a new toilet downstairs. The question I have is to do with the waste pipe and its routing to my down pipe. Now what I would like to do is use the space under the floorboards (about 2 foot on the ground floor) to run the waste pipe to the outside wall that my down pipe runs down and then drill a hole through for the pipe and connect it up. The query that I have is that the waste pipe would come out the house under ground, and would this be a problem, is their any requirement that the connecting has to be above group? The other question I have is what effect will this have on my damp proof course of the house? Is their any special thing I will need to do to seal the waste pipe as it come out the house?

Hope this all makes sense and thanks for any help that you can give me.

Thanks

Peter C

Reply to
Peter Charlwood

It can be done the way you propose, but you'd need to make provision for access to the pipework in case of a blockage. Not being able to see the exact layout of your site, you may also need to supply a second ground trap from the new loo before it actually connects to the main soil sewerage run away.

I'd suggest you speak to your local buildings control people and have them survey your proposal for this. They will have to be informed of this type of connection anyway now, so it's best you get them involved before you go making a mess of everything. There have been new amendments to some of the buildings regulations approved documentation recently, and I am still patchy on some of the ins and outs of the new layout schemes they are suggesting now.

Speak to your local BCO guy.

Reply to
BigWallop