Downlight Transformer's 12v secondary/output cable size?

I have a 240v to 12v 150w/150va Lighting Transformer that has x3 individual output terminals to individually feed x3 12v/50w downlights. The secondary/output current to each downlight will therefore be 50w divided by

12v = 4 amps

The maximum distance to each downlight from the transformer is 1 metre.

Should the secondary/output cable be 1 mm twin and earth lighting cable, or should it be 1.5 mm, or......? for 4a @ 12v for a max distance of 1m

Thanks - Steve.

Reply to
steveybar

TLC have a calculator on their site for LV cable sizes - you have to take into account voltage drop. Allegedly. However my guess is 1mm will be fine for 1 mtr.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

it can do the current. V drop over 1m is trivial, so no prob

NT

Reply to
meow2222

1.0mm T&E is more than adequate for that - I have used longer runs of it in the past on LV lights without any visible dimming.
Reply to
John Rumm