Double Switched FCU

Hi, I have an existing double switched socket for my firdge/freezer and dishwasher. I want to put the fridge freezer close to the wall so want to replace the socket with a flex output. I have some MK already for the extractor fan and another for the under cupboard lighting but these areboth singles. Is there a double version where I can simple replace the double socket with a double flex output? This would avoid me having to knock out space for 2 singles and ring them. Thanks

Reply to
mal_k100

Assuming unswitched FCUs are ok you could do it using grid components.

Other makes are also available, as they say.

The alternative for minimum 'building work' is to use a dual gang box which takes two standard FCUs but of course is slightly wider.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They will have to be switched so that I can turn off the dishwasher as if it were in a socket and to isolate the fridge freezer if required. so it needs the equivalent of a switched and fused cover plate with two swiches/fuses but ideally connected inside the same way as a double socket. The only alternative is to widen the twin box to hold 2 singles and ring them together with the rest of the circuit.. I'll have a look aty the site you suggested anyway. Thanks

Reply to
mal_k100

Dave - if you get this... I have seen the dual boxes but never used them. I'd still have wiring to 'ring' them but it looks like it might be my best option. If you have used them , I take it that they are wide enough in the centre to allow the FCU (or whatever is used) to butt up to each other ? There must be a slight gap in the middle of the two ?

Reply to
mal_k100

They fit together closely - just touching. Too close for some makes of 'fancy' acessories. But you should be ok with MK.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'ring'. If a double was ok so will two FCUs feeding a freezer and dishwasher. Of course you will need extra wire for two rather than one accessories.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 02:06:01 -0700, mal_k100 mused:

Feed 2 fuse modules from a 20A switch in a 3 gang grid.

Reply to
Lurch