double sided sticky pads

What are you talking about 4 threads for? I can only see 2. initially posted two *identical* posts about sticky pads, one of them edited, i.e. the post at the beginning of this thread. The only thing was unable to edit was the title. If you are seeing 4 threads perhap it is you who cannot use newsreaders.

Yesterday out of interest - because none of you are able to grasp wha I have been saying - I edited the OP post in this thread with the word "elephants can't be choosers" just to see if it could be done, well i has worked for me viewing here, question is has it worked for yo viewing there? From my memory of newsgroups it may be that you have t "refresh" this thread in your newsreader or failing that refresh th whole newsgroup (and from my experience of using newsgroups I won't b surprised if you are unwilling to do this.) If you are unwilling guess I might have to "come down there to see for myself"

-- wig

Reply to
wig
2 inch wide double sided sticky foam should do it. But it's usuall

white, I'd prefer black, I could use a black marker pen on the edg though. Just got to find some now.

Wi

-- wig

Reply to
wig

Find you nearest model shop - we use this stuff to hold electronics in place in model aircraft.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have just searched on sticky pads in this ng and you have started at least 7 over the course of a few days.

Dave

Reply to
dave stanton

Ahh, bless!

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

OK, I have just been to outlook express and gone to the newsgroup U DIY. To see what all the fuss is about to what was from me a simpl question.

There is only one thread called "double sided sticky pads" It has it' source OP posted by wig on 31-05-05 - 14:52 In reply to this was the next one duplicate post at 14:54 I edited th one at 14:52 on diybanter to apologise for the duplicate post and als asked if you could see the edit. To explain this to you, DIYbanter ha a time delay, before it posts the message to the newsgroups, if you edi the post (before it gets posted by diybanter to the newsgroup) then th edited post will be posted to the newsgroup. This is what happene here.

My subsequent edit to put in "elephants can't be choosers" only show up on the www forum & not in the newsgroup. So Just to be clear th edited post will show on the newsgroup if it is edited before diybante posts it to the newsgroup.

As I said there is only 1 thread, with about 30 replies, including th ones about thunderbird. DIYbanter for some reason does not reply in thread format, even though I am here replying to specific posts, on th newsgroup all my replies are showing as replies to the OP, they are no new threads, just new replies to the OP. This is NOT my fault it i the fault of DIYbanter.

Now I have decided to stop coming to DIYbanter because although th principle is a good idea to link the web with a newsgroup in practic obviously there are things not meshing well together. I have decide it is more hassle than it is worth and I will go to a different 100 onine www forum.

I hope you can all now understand what the confusion was, it is eas for confusion to build up because we are viewing from 2 differen platforms. I was not "snipping" I did "edit" the post, I just edite it before it was sent to the newsgroup.

Let this be an end to it all

-- wig

Reply to
wig

That's not a generally-valid conclusion. What you have is *one* observation, showing that with a particular version of a particular news client (or not-so-near offer), accessing a particular news server, you see one thread. Not all newsreaders thread the same way, and - particularly - webnews gateways notoriously louse up threading by not passing References: headers decently, forcing different newsreaders to make different guesses about what belongs in one thread.

diybanter is merely leeching off a well-established newsgroup (uk.d-i-y) which works very well as a newsgroup. Like nearly all Webnews interfaces, it sucketh. Different ones sucketh differently. Ones which are established with the main aim of providing an advertising wrapper around an established community-of-interest tend to suck mightily. 's life...

Hope your car's spoiler's back in place now - Stefek

Reply to
Stefek Zaba

Without getting into a free for all, what have you got against doing it via a newserver ?

Dave

Reply to
dave stanton

Because it means showing trimmed context?

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

On the technical level, it louses up the links between articles - threading gets lost, context gets auto-trimmed, it leaves the (l)users uncertain whether they've posted or not.

On the social level, it leeches the content of this newsgroup, gives new users the mistaken impression that *all* the contributors are 'in' the diybanter 'club' - which causes said new users to make mistaken assumptions about the social norms. Then when someone tries to make them aware of said norms, we get into the 'no it isn't, yes it is' tedium.

Stefek

Reply to
Stefek Zaba