Double insulated wall light?

I doubt that explains why items such as Apple Macbook Pro, Air and iPad, and Microsoft Surface Pro cause tingling.

Reply to
polygonum

My Macbook Air doesn't.

Reply to
Huge

With my partner's Macbook Air it depends which charger is used. Checked this out ages ago and, from memory, it happens using the charger with a plastic earth pin, but not when using the trefoil lead which makes it earthed. IYSWIM

Reply to
polygonum

But have you used it in the right/wrong situation to feel it?

My alloy chassis, double-insulated laptop doesn't normally give a tingle, exept if I need to work in a wiring closet where I temporarily place the laptop on top of a half-height metal rack, while wearing a short sleeved shirt then rest my forearms across the rack to type on the laptop ... hello tingling!

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes, the travel charger I cart around with me takes C7 2-pin mains (or

12V cigar lighter or 15V EmPower) but the bulkier chargers at home and work where I have docking stations take C5 3-pin.
Reply to
Andy Burns