double glazing with a hole for a fan?

Do they still do dg units with holes through?

The Fans/vents etc are still about.

hole through needs to be 162mm diam.

Had a bit of a goggle but online quote machines don't offer anything more than trickle vents.

Cheers Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

trickle vents.

All units are made to order - you can have one with a fan, or catflap, or whatever you like made. Might need to go a visit a glazier though, and take along whatever it is you want to mount in it, or detailed instructions with the hole size required.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

For sure; your best bet is to go to one of the local window fabricators who manufacture their own units on site rather than ordering them in

Reply to
Lobster

Yes, but it will cost you dearly. Is there any reason why you can't have an openeing light and / or an extractor through the wall or ceiling via a duct?

Reply to
Phil L

trickle vents.

My local glaziers can fit cat flaps into DG units on site. Don't know how, but it can be done.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

than trickle vents.

mmm intriguing - presume that if they are into glazed doors the DG units sh/would be toughened and so "impossible" to cut without shattering? (I think laminated can be cut OK)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Maybe they just stick the 2 sides of the cat flap on the glass, owner won't realise until they have gone and the cat craps in the kitchen because it can't open the new flap door,

Reply to
Gazz

If required, the glass is toughened after the hole has been cut.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

yers but not as TMH says "on-site" - shurely?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

really? quoted from a plain untoughened DG unit upto laminated both sides with a 6" hole for fan +=A340 - hardly "dearly" is it??

ne'er mind

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

I meant it would be a lot dearer than a plain dg unit - the £40 you mentioned, is extra on the the price of the dg unit? - if so than you could knock a hole through the wall or via the ceiling and ducting for less, with the added bonus of it not looking revoltingly 1970's.

Reply to
Phil L