Double glazing recommendations?

We have Everest patio doors (circa 1981) and all other windows and doors put in by local company (with Georgian panes), in 2001.

Had secondary glazing for umpteen years and wished we'd stayed with it .

Can't stand the windows because they replaced wonderful Crittal ones with slim metal between panes, these replacements are white and seem to have more plastic than glass especially where there are openers. (Had to do the windows as they were in danger of falling out, especially the dining room one 6 foot high and 12 foot wide round bay.)

Question for those of you who are knowledgeable about these things ........... We want to replace the patio doors as they don't run smoothly any more and the grey metal isn't particularly attractive, but given that the windows aren't brilliant, wondered if we ought to opt for a national company and pay extra?

The doors are 14 foot wide so form all the north wall of the lounge.

janet

Reply to
Janet Tweedy

In article , Janet Tweedy writes

Bit late now, but Crittall still make windows, and will make replacements for their old windows that comply with all the modern regulations.

From my experience the small local firms are much superior. I take it you've read Jacob's thoughts on the subject?

J.

Reply to
John Rouse