Double glazing question

I had some double glazing installed quite awhile ago and the company put some plastic strip around the inside of the door, presumably so that they didn't have to do any plastering.

What is the stuff that they stuck on called please.....?

-- troubleinstore

mail can be sent via website. Email address in posting is ficticious and is intended as spam trap

Reply to
troubleinstore

"TRIM"

Seriously, not being trite. It is available in a range of widths, and a fiver slipped into the right pocket at your local friendly DG company will get you enough to replace your door trim. You could also try a DIY shed, they stock some. Beware - there is white, and white, and white. Try to take in an old bit to get a decent match.

-- Ziggur

Reply to
C M Harding

Oh dear, it rather looks as though I dropped one here. What I meant was, what is the stuff called that they stick the trim on with....?

-- troubleinstore

mail can be sent via website. Email address in posting is ficticious and is intended as spam trap

Reply to
troubleinstore

If it's PVC to PVC, the solvent weld glue for PVC waste pipes would work. At B&Q etc, you have to ask for it at the checkout.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Look in your yellow pages for your local uPVC stockist (panels, facias, etc, not windows), which will be on an industrial estate nearby. They have every conceivable size, and that's where the window fitters go to get it.

Again, the glues are available from same place. It depends what you are sticking it to. I didn't pay much attention, but sticking to brick was done possibly with silicone (or something which came out of the same type of dispensor), whereas sticking it to uPVC was done with a two part adhesive -- one part from a small bottle applied to one surface, and the other part from an airosol sprayed on the other surface.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In my house they used silicone sealant.

This was before I moved in and it looks so naff that as each room is decorated I'm removing it and making good properly.

MBQ

Reply to
MBQ

this would probably have been ordinary cyanoacrylic(? spelling) glue (super glue) with an activator in the aerosol to make it set quicker. Thats what we use at a big window company in the anglian region (clue to company name is in the location)

Reply to
jon ringwood