Double-glazed conservatory glass shattered

Brian Gaff explained :

October 18, 2012, 9:23 pm

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

replying to Huge, bakerdave wrote: Just had an internal pane in the roof of my 2 year old conservatory explode spontaneously HOWEVER the manufacturer - MPN Windows -are claiming that the glass is not guaranteed for ANY breakages! however occurring!! I'm trying to get hold of the guarantors Network VEKA to establish their view on the issue..Seems ludicrous to me that they can opt out like this!

Reply to
bakerdave

It would be impractical if they couldn't.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr
*Had exactly the same problem*. Sitting there minding my own business when there was a loud bang and glass pieces were showering onto the floor. The outer pane was still intact fortunately as it rained the next day. Waiting for a replacement.
Reply to
Brian

I've had that happen too. Inner pane so no bird strike or anything.

Reply to
bert

Pressure change in the gap due to weather change.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Huge

I hope that doesn't mean all the other panels in my conservatory are going to spontaneously craze!

Edit: having read the article, it probably doesn't.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

This might assist you with posting to a newsgroup, albeit through a website:

- If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just enough text of the original to give a context.

It will be a true miracle if 'Brian', assuming he's a real person, that he actually replies to this thread!

Its a common theme to see just first names from the 'dark side'.

Reply to
Fredxxx

replying to David Chapman, Terry wrote: Dave, don?t know if I can still reach you, did the installers cover the cost of replacement under warranty. Just paid out for the same problem 4yrs.

Reply to
Terry

Hey you folks are improving, that post was from only 5 years ago.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr