Double Glazed Back Door Locking Problem

We've got a double glazed back door with that multi point locking system and for some strange reason the door's got stuck and won't lock/unlock or open. Having said that I can open it by using the key but it won't multi lock. With the key in and turned it just seems to work the latch at the moment.

After opening it I can see that the handle isn't working the latch or operating the multi lock system.

is this a fairly simple fix?

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Reply to
RedOnRed

I had a similar fault when the door suddenly refused to lock properly. I removed the multi-locking catches one by one, until it did - albeit with only 3 in place.

Several weeks later I spotted that the topmost hingepin was 25% out of position, and had allowed the door operation to be slightly lopsided. I tapped it home, and the door then operated perfectly with the original catches replaced. Check that area.

David

Reply to
David J

will all the shootbolts & claws etc work when door is open -if you see what i mean? If not then the prob is in the door mechanism, if it does then something about the alignment of the door in the frame or the alignment of the various keeps (for the bolts etc to go in//latch onto) is the problem.

The mechanisms aren't massively complicated (imagine who assembles them in the doors...) and can be stripped and re-setup fairly easily - just remember (or take pics of) how the bits fit together as you take them apart - good luck

JimK

Reply to
JimK