double dimmer

Double dimmer (two knobs) in a double metal box: Does anyone know who sells these? This is an elongated switch fitting into a double socket box.

You can get them, can't think exactly where off the top of my head. You could make one, or use a grid switch. ..
SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

I'm *so* tempted to tell you not to so it like this but use a pair of 2 way 1 gang double dimmers wired together to give you redundancy, but instead, is this what you're after?
http://www.mkelectric.co.uk/products/ranges/rangeproducts.asp?productdes cription=DIMMER+SWITCHES+2G+2+WAY+DOUBLE+DIMMER+60W+MIN%2C+450W+MAX%2C+F OR+EACH+DIMMER%2C+STD&rangeid06
http://tinyurl.com/2rhff
Neil

That is exactly what is there right now. It is playing pup, so I may need to replace it. MK are not the only makers of these.

Not seen them.
Get two suitable one gang dimmers and a two gang blank plate to match the existing fittings. Drill two holes and mount the gubbins.
--
*Work is for people who don't know how to fish.