Door Window opening pulley!!

Dont know what this is called but the old door in my house has a window at the top of it. Attached to it is a sort of iron pulley type thing where rope is attached and feeds down the side of the door. this enable you to open the window. Its a bit old and needing replaced but I have no idea what this is called or where I would get it. anyone got any ideas ?

Cheers

Joe.

Reply to
Joe

a pic is worth a thousand posts...

Reply to
JimK

Fan light opener

misc door and window fittings > fanlight openers (their website does 'orrible urls)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Lovely old engineering. Remember the fantastic ones in schools and factories many years ago - built to last.

Reply to
John

Eee.. when I were a lad...

Reply to
Clot

If you are referring to the rope, I think you should search for sash cord or if you have a ships chandler nearby ask for rope that they lift the sails with on a dinghy, I think it's called sheet rope and is quite soft to the hands. Cheers Don

Reply to
Donwill

thats the very thing - thansk for that - time to book mark that me thinks...

Cheers

Joe.

Reply to
Joe

I might be able to recondition the existing one. bit dirty and rust(ish) so just buying the rope might be ideal. Thanks for the info. Appreciated.

Joe.

Reply to
Joe

'orrible urls)

If its iron, how come it needs replacing? Usualy such things clean up ok.

NT

Reply to
NT