Door threshold problems

I have been converting a bedroom into a bathroom. To do this I have laid a concrete floor onto the floor boards and tiled on top. This was to ensure a fall to the floor drain. This all works and now I have turned my attention to the door way.

I have a step up of about an 1.5" from the landing into the bathroom. I know there are threshold plates which can step up to allow for changes in levels of about 2cm, but can anyone advise as to other products which will allow for a greater change in level?

Thanks Nick

Reply to
B3any

B3any wibbled on Wednesday 30 September 2009 11:20

Lump of timber - hard or soft as you wish. Either make it a step or plane to give a slope.

Reply to
Tim W

I'd be more concerned about what is in the room below - with the possibility of the floor/ceiling collapsing under the weight of your concrete!

Reply to
Roger Mills

Filling the bath could be the final straw...or, even worse, getting into it...

Reply to
Bob Eager