Door Stuck!

Hello All

We have a UPVc conservatory and the door is stuck fast. The key turns in the lock locking bolts sound as if they're working OK, but once unlocked the door won't budge -BTW the door got stuck after just being shut normally - it wasn't locked. Am waiting to see if the company that fitted it will come and have a look (it is 8 years old and still within the 10 year guarantee period) but they are being extremely awkward, and while I might have right on my side that they should fix it, it is very inconcvenient not to be able to exit via what is our back door (conservatory is attached to kitchen), and we are also concerned that even though the door appears to be locking - we can't be 100% sure and are concerned about leaving the property empty with a dodgy door. Any ideas on what may be the problem? if it will be releatively easy (and cheap!) to fix and will it be possible to fix in these days of "just buy a new one" or will we just be told to replace the door?

TIA!

Lu

Reply to
Lu

Obviously they want to see if you will fix it for them and if they can claim you voided the guarantee in any way. No British firm has ever got rich by providing decent service for the money unless they are allwed to charge so much that only the very very rich can afford it.

If you can get the door open see if one of the bolts has dropped. They can unwind very easily if not fitted properly. There should be lock-nuts involved and they are always omitted by fitters on a price.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

The problem is that you have crap plastic doors and the usual dodgy guarantee from a dodgy plastic firm. Sorry not helpful this I know.

cheers

Jacob

Reply to
jacob