Door sash lock plate thingy - where?

Hi,

I was just wondering where I could get a couple of lock plates for doors in my house. (I am not sure what they are called:- the plate that is screwed to the door frame that has two slots in it against which the sash lock locks.)

I can't say I have ever seen them for sale. I need to replace a couple that have worn out.

TIA Colin

Reply to
Colin

Striking plates, ask any locksmith or even a joiner.

Reply to
Ron Ireland

Given that they will be old, you might have a problem getting a modern one that will match, if it matters.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Dave Plowman (News) writes

So go to one's local model shop, get some suitable brass and make the replacements oneself...

Reply to
Paul C. Dickie