Door operated switch

I would like to instal some lights into my wardrobe, with switches that automatically turn on the lights whenever the door is opened.
Seemed like a straightforward idea at the time, but I can't find any switches that I could use to do this.
Any ideas, please?
Try maplin electronics

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 22:26:42 -0000, "Malcolm Hackett"

Find yourself a supplier for this lot, http://www.jeani-accessories.ltd.uk / an electrical wholesalers will probably be best.
..
SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

TLC do a door switch with box for 5.20 + vat
FM 140WB www.tlc-direct.co.uk
--
*Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 00:06:06 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman

I bought one of those and really it needs to be morticed which may not be possible. OK as a switch though
I found a more generically useful one at RS, which unusually was not that outrageously priced. 456-4643 at 6.60 exc.
This one has an overall plastic case and is adjustable with a proper microswitch - ample rating as well.
I used one on one of my large kitchen cupboards where the consumer unit is at the back. I put a small 8W maintained emergency light in the top of the cupboard, wired to a lighting circuit upstream of the RCD.
When the door is opened, the light comes on. It will stay on if the power fails.
I was able to adjust the plunger so that the relatively light magnetic catch had no trouble holding the door closed.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

He could cannibalise a fridge...
--
Bob Eager
begin by not using Outlook Express...

I've heard you're a netKKKop too. Is it true?
--
The Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip
Smiting Sinful Usenet Users Since 1874

Dear All
I have recently cannibalised my fridge to provide shelf space for my clothes, with an automatic light that comes on when I open the door. Neat, huh?
Now another question for your expertise.
It seems that my socks need to be stored at a different temperature to the lettuce. Any ideas on the best ways to adjust temperatures to suit both clothes and vegetables?
... Thanks to all for the various suggestions and urls, one or other should sort me out.
Malcolm.

Just store them with the cheese.
--
*If a mute swears, does his mother wash his hands with soap?

Yes - at the best of times they're a real fiddle to fit. A standard microswitch with an operating arm is usually an easier way - the arm allows much more tolerance.
--
*Stable Relationships Are For Horses.

Like these?:
<http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/FM142.html

<http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/FM140WB.html
Shouldn't be hard to find locally from Maplins, or an Electrical trade counter.
--
Chris French, Leeds