Door lever handles or not.

I've a couple of cupboards for which I want a lever handle on the outside but I don't want anything on the inside. The only reason I'd fit lever handle on the inside is to keep the square bar in place. What are the alternatives? I just want some sort of handleless blank. Is there such a thing?

mark

Reply to
mark

If mortice locks, simply don't drill the spindle hole in the inside, and cut it to length.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Just don't drill a hole for the handle spindle all the way through the door - make it blind-ended so it can't fall out.

Don't tell me - there's already a hole all the way through... in which case, just bung it up to prevent the spindle falling out (there'll be no axial force exerted by the spindle); cut off the spindle to an appropriate length, then fill the remaining hole on the inside with filler (protecting the exposed metalwork of the latch, of course)

Reply to
Lobster

Just don't drill the hole right through.

Not sure this is a good idea though. Both the cupboard under the stairs and the airing cupboard in my house are like this. I was drilling a large hole in the wall of one and pulled the door closed to stop the dust going into the rest of the house, and stopped just in time as I realised there was no way of opening it again from the inside.

Would be OK if there had been a non-latching ball or roller or magnetic catch.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Ideal for a kid's punishment room, then. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The hole is already through for the previous handles. I'm going to do something along the lines you suggest. Thanks

mark

Reply to
mark

If a cupboard is big enough to get into then a discreet thumb-turn knob on the inside might be prudent.

Owain

Reply to
Owain