Door Latch Mfr

I need a reaplcement door latch for an internal door. Anyone know which company has the logo E*S on its products as Id like to get a matching latch? Thanks Roger.

Reply to
Roger

The E*S is more likely to be European Standard. Are there no other markings on the lock ?

BigWallop

No on each internal door on the catch surround itself it has a large E*S in a box - upright above the catch and upside down below the catch. Definitely looks like a trademark rather than a standard mark.

If it helps it was a Bryant built house.

Reply to
Roger

Bryant says it all. They could be from anywhere in the world. :-))

Any of these look similar:

BigWallop

Might be worth visiting the following web site, and maybe ordering a free catalog:

PoP

Stands for Euro Spec, it's only a brand name, same as Yale Union Chubb etc. Not the best quality but adequate.

Reply to
Ron Ireland

Certainly not the best quality but easier to replace like with like - thanks for info ! Roger.

Reply to
Roger

couldn't agree more Roger but I think they are all a standard size comparing like for like.

Reply to
Ron Ireland

Not always, our house in SE London built by Ideal Homes in 1988 uses Scandinavian locks & fittings throughout! The distance between the handle & keyhole on the internal doors is about

17mm more than the std UK fittings! Our original locks are by Boda, now part of the ASSA ABLOY Group.
David C