Door hinges need for inbuilt washing machine

My Electrolux washing machine attaches to the cabinet door with 2 hinges[Salice brand], and both have broken. Electrolux want £40 for a kit which includes the hinges . Does anyone know where I can get these cheaper?

Regards

Reply to
newman

Hi

Try the forums at UK Whitegoods:-

have dealers on there who know the cheapest place to get parts from and sell them on to end users at trade price plus a handling charge. It almost always works out cheaper than getting them direct from the manufacturer.

Steve

Reply to
stevelup

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 10:40:35 GMT, newman mused:

If you give me a model number I'll see what I can find.

Reply to
Lurch

Electrolux EW1000I and I believe the part no is Z1935.

Regards

Reply to
newman

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 22:35:18 GMT, newman mused:

ZI935. ;)

16.07 each incl P+P, might be able to do them for a couple of quid less than that but there's a tenner saved already.
Reply to
Lurch

What timescale for delivery?

Regards

Reply to
newman

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 21:41:36 GMT, newman mused:

Probably be with you sometime next week at the latest as i'll have to order them myself as they aren't a stock item, assuming our supplier has them in stock that is.

Reply to
Lurch

Sorry I have taken so long to reply. My previous machine was a Zanussi and the hinges are similar. As I rarely throw anything away I had a search and found a new pair of hinges. The kitchen fitter must have used the old hinges and that is why they failed. So the door is now refitted.

Thanks again.

Reply to
newman