Door hinges.

I've just come across the Euro Spec (

) measurements for various configurations of hinges on doors:

  1. For three hinges the centres of the top and bottom should be about
250 mm from the floor and head. The third equally spaced from both.

  1. For doors with an overhead closer, the middle hinge should be set some 450 mm from the middle of the hinge to the frame head.

  2. If the door is heavier than normal or more than 1000 mm wide, it requires 4 hinges. These should be equally spaced with the top and bottom hinges again centred 250 mm from the top and bottom.

  1. If that door has an overhead closer, the second hinge down should be set as for door 2.

So now all I have to do is design a hinge jig with the required centres using a variety of router cutters and followers that allow me to use it for 3 and 4 inch hinges.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

|I've just come across the Euro Spec (

) |measurements for various configurations of hinges on doors: | |1. For three hinges the centres of the top and bottom should be about |250 mm from the floor and head. The third equally spaced from both. | |2. For doors with an overhead closer, the middle hinge should be set |some 450 mm from the middle of the hinge to the frame head. | |3. If the door is heavier than normal or more than 1000 mm wide, it |requires 4 hinges. These should be equally spaced with the top and |bottom hinges again centred 250 mm from the top and bottom. | |4. If that door has an overhead closer, the second hinge down should be |set as for door 2. | |So now all I have to do is design a hinge jig with the required centres |using a variety of router cutters and followers that allow me to use it |for 3 and 4 inch hinges.

This is a commercial company

and the name is at best a misnomer and at worst an outright Con.

You should take any information on the site as at best commercial recommendations, at worst with a barrow load of salt.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Tbat would look odd, IMHO. The "normal" spacing is 8" up from the floor,

6" down from the head, and midway between them if using a third hinge.
Reply to
John Rumm

The message from John Rumm contains these words:

It does look odd, but I've seen it a lot recently.

Reply to
Guy King