Door furniture on freshly painted door

I have just painted the front door and need to put the locks and handles back on. The paint is touch dry but is there a way I fit things without them sticking, I thought about a smear of Vaseline on the edges, would this work?. Trevor Smith

Reply to
Trevor Smith

Trevor Smith coughed up some electrons that declared:

Probably. The other option is, could you put the handles back but not tightened up? That's the way I do it.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Why bother? Wouldn't a little bit of extra "sticking power" from the paint be of benefit?

Particularly on the handles since the woodscrews never seem to be quite as tight after having been removed.

Mark.

Reply to
mark.hannah