Door frames in stud wall

Hi,

I have put up my partition wall and installed the door frames, all seems good apart from one thing... The frames are about 7mm proud of the plasterboard. Obviously I want to add the architrave to the frames, but how can i do this when the frame is proud?

If i had of gone for smaller frames with less depth then I would of had the opposite problem, with the plasterboard being proud of the frames.

The only solution I can think of is to attach thearcitrave to the frame and then caulk the gap between the architrave and the plasterboard, but this seems to be a bodge it answer to me!

Any help gratefully recieved...

I used 4x2 cls timber and 12mm plasterboard with 131mm depth frames.

Thanks

Tom

Reply to
Thomarse

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 14:35:12 -0700, Thomarse mused:

Plane the frames back or use a router to rebate the architrave, or use other tools to achive similar effects.

Reply to
Lurch

What you have would be about right if you were skimming the plasterboard. If you are not then you can plane the frame down to thickness.

In this case you just add an extra fillet of wood under the architrave, and step it so that it just adds and extra facet to the woodwork and makes it a little more decorative.

Reply to
John Rumm

painters mate will fill 7mm gap no problem gun it in and smooth it with a wet fingertip

do this before you put the final coat of paint on the arcs so you only have to cut it in once

door sets are easier to fit if they are a bit wider than the partition tho 14mm is a bit generous

Reply to
jack