Door Bells

I have an urgent need for a new door bell/chime.

It needs to be loud, and have a flashing light. And I need to be able to buy one in the South Bucks area tomorrow, or Winchester area on Saturday. And fit it very quickly and easily.

Doorchimes.co.uk helpfully points this out:

" The only wireless models to meet the 90db level are the 200m versions of the Friedland Libra+ range, the D911S, D914S, D917b, D917c and the additional chime model D917S. "

So am thinking of the D914S.

Any suggestions? Have been looking at obvious sites such as B&Q, Argos, Homebase, distasteful though they may be. And various electrical chains. But cannot find a definite stockist to ring tomorrow!

Reply to
polygonum

Have you got a local TLC?

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Local enough (Slough) but they say the Libra range is discontinued! Not sure that is accurate - or maybe they are talking about the non-plus version.

Thanks for the suggestion. And at least their website is easy to find and navigate.

Reply to
polygonum

B001F8QCLW "Want it tomorrow, 28th? Order within the next 9hr 39min and choose one- day delivery"

Reply to
Adrian

I bought a Byron SX15 some time ago - it's a wireless bell system rather th an a chime, and is much louder than a chime. After a while the wireless bu tton seemed to get more and more unreliable and a dismantle was called for to find out why.

The problem is that the external press button module has two button batteri es in a stack. They are not in a sealed package so moisture is around and c arries in impurities that break the conductive path between the cells errat ically.

I was fortunate in that some time previously the bell switch hole in the do or frame had a wire in it that I was able to trace to the attic. I fitted a new sealed pushbutton at the door, and moved the wireless module to the a ttic with the wire hacked across its switch. This is great as the bell modu le now works throughout the house and can be put where it can be heard best .

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Thank you.

I dismissed Byron because of something or other. Cannot now remember if it was a maximum loudness of 85 dB (90 dB on the Friedland) or that people reported problems with the bell push not always working - especially with a brief touch.

Luckily two things happened today - first the deadline was extended to Wednesday or Saturday next week - phew! And I managed to order both the D914 and D936 (IIRC) telephone thing today - from two different suppliers due to bizarre pricing. Fingers crossed.

Reply to
polygonum