Door Bell Transformer

Ah, I was envisaging either two zeners in inverse parallel across the supply; or a zener back to back with each of the inverse parallel LEDs.

The transformer is 8V, so presumably zeners need to be a little north of

1.4*8V?
Reply to
Andy Burns

Yup, enough north that transformer regulation & mains +6% dont set them into conduction. So I'd make them at least 25% north - 15v should do.

NT

Reply to
meow2222