Don't Buy From Biasco!!

Just a word of warning...

I have used a few different online appliance retailers to refurnish my kitchen and all have been trouble free except for one... Biasco!

I ordered a sink, tap and waste pipe from them on 25th February 2007.

Everything arrived in about 2 weeks but unfortunately the sink was damaged. I phoned them to order a replacement which they said would be delivered shortly.

After many weeks of waiting, I recieved a phone call explaining it would be delivered on 5th April. That was actually the date when they dispatched it and it wasn't actually delivered until 10th April.

After all of this, the second sink was damaged and the courier had not been informed to take the original sink away. I was now left with 2 damaged sinks :(

I phoned Biasco and after a sting of weak excusses and a lack of anyone being able to sort this mess out I asked for a full refund which I was informed would be in my bank within the next 5 working days.

The very next day I recieved a voice mail from Biasco informing me that they were going to deliver me another sink the very next day!?!

When I phoned up and re-explained the situation for the millionth time I was informed that the sinks needed to be collect before I can recieve a refund (obviously it would seem that I am the untrustworthy party in all of this).

I am just hoping that this collection and refund will go off without a hitch because I am loosing the will to live with these baffoons!!

I HAVE ONE WORD OF WARNING FOR YOU ALL... DON'T BUY FROM BIASCO!!

Reply to
Ben.Eccleston

Giving your business a name which is quite so close to "fiasco" is just asking to get slated.

Reply to
Martin Pentreath

Did you pay by credit card ? - go direct to the card issuer and ask them to initiate a chargeback.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Did you pay by credit card?

If so and the amount was > £100, contact the card issuer, explain the situation and ask them to intervene with the supplier. They know full well that they are on the hook legally for this so no need to remind them of that.

Also write a letter to the supplier asking them to collect their goods and refund in seven days - cc. to the card company. Take a look at the web site of the Court Service and at the information needed to initiate a Small Claims action. Ask them for that indicating that you will proceed directly to it if there is no response. Send it by special delivery - £4-5 at the post office.

The supplier operates on the margin made from having a charge in place for the goods vs. when he pays the manufacturer. If he can hang on to your payment and delay refund by being tardy about retrieving them, then he will do so.

Reply to
Andy Hall