Don't buy a Vaillant Central heating boiler - they're crap

You are a known plantpot. ATAG make a 51kW "domestic" combi matching the performance of an unvented cylinder. You have never heard of ATAG or Intergas. Now you know...plantpot

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I've been researching for a new boiler (waiting for the warmer weather before purchasing/ installing) and have come to the conclusion that WB boilers look good, however, I was interested to note that even WB offer a choice of Stainless steel or Aluminium heat exchangers

- with copper heating tubes. Now with 'slightly acidic' condensate', I would've thought copper and aluminium would not be a good electro-potential combination.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Where are you going to find one of them then ?

Reply to
geoff

In message , Doctor Drivel writes

Like you, eh ?

Reply to
geoff

Once again we seem to be becoming uk.get-a-little-man-in

Reply to
Skipweasel

Of course I have; we went through all this when you made the suggestion last time. As usual, you were the only person who believed what you posted.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Oi!

Reply to
John Stumbles

They have a 'kebab' shaped primary heat exchanger in the iJunior, iSystem and Ri models, and a brick-like machined lump in the CDi models, but both are aluminium - with some sort of silicon passivation to protect the metal from corrosion.

I'm not a chemist or metallurgist so I can't comment on Bosch's choice of materials but I guess if they've invested £loadsa (and their reputation) into the design of these things they've thought about that.

Reply to
YAPH

In the latter case you will pay an awful lot to have a light fitting or switch changed - assuming you can get a registered body electrician interested in the job.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Oil?

He said gas ...

Reply to
geoff

Reply to
rjones1950s
2011 to now, one might have thought if they were this bad, they would be out of business in 6 years or so. Brian
Reply to
Brian Gaff