domestic vacuum cleaners

Women don't "do" cables. My wife holds the plug end of the flex on our Sebo & winds the other end back onto the cable holders, then expresses surprise that the cable gets twisted...

Reply to
Huge

I had a cleaner lady who managed to run over the 'hoover' flex many times.

She mentioned her own 'hoover' was giving problems and I offered to have a look at it for her. Perfect flex on that. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Bill Wright scribeth thus

Miele .. or if you need summat for the Workshop as well a Henry:)...

Reply to
tony sayer

No they don't - it's just the usual Usenet nonsense. Dysons may not be the best, but they're fine - our DC02 cylinder is still going strong and gets used for all sorts of 'unsuitable' jobs. The only thing that's deteriorated is the ratchet on the automatic flex rewind, which now seems to want to rewind it all the time!

Richard.

Richard Russell

We've had Dysons for many years. Just wash the filters every 6 months. Dysons do a fixed price repair which we've used once - and it's good value. They don't just repair the obvious fault but will replace anything which looks a bit worn. We did once try a ball but wife didn't like it. We have two hairy dogs so a good cleaner is important.

The Henry as already mentioned also has a very good reputation.

Reply to
bert

"Miele hoover" That's funny ;)

Reply to
Gib Bogle

On Wednesday 30 January 2013 19:28 Gib Bogle wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Yes. Yes it is...

Reply to
Tim Watts

We've had our DC03 since forever. The flex isn't much good, so I've shortened it a couple of times, and I had to change one of the drive belts. Nothing a half competent D-I-Yer can't manage.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

In fairness to my late mother-in-law, she taught me the easy way to wind cable for a lawnmower, hook the plug into the switch lever, pull the cable out until you have a single "double" strand, then wind that around the handle starting from the handle end: only four or five turns, quick to do, quick to unwind, twists cancel out when you unwind.

Reply to
newshound

It was always electrolux in our house.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

I've had a Dyson for years, never had any problems with it at all. I've also managed to keep the cable intact too ;)

Reply to
ChloeP

Correct.... But having owned a Miele, and even using the non-gen bags, they dont loose any noticable suck as the bag fills. Unless you are hoovering plaster dust, which I havent with a £150 hoover- I have a bagless Henry for that. :)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Indeed, quite often the bag comes out as a rock solid lump

Reply to
Andy Burns