Domestic heating oil: Smaller quantities

Nowadays you don't even have to suck. I've seen syphon kits in Halfords and other places.

MM

Reply to
MM

But what if the continuous top-up price were the worst price? I couldn't just change the contract I'd signed at the drop of a hat. I'd be hooked in for a year, probably, at the very least.

MM

Reply to
MM

I don't see why it is such a big deal to know that you're going to need more oil in, say, three weeks from now so you make a few phone calls and order some. Honestly, some people would employ arse wipers if there were any in the business!

MM

Reply to
MM

Petrol powered pump is going to be a bit noisy... 12v fuel transfer pump much quieter and even a cheapo one will shift 500l of fuel in 15 mins or less.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Dave Liquorice" saying something like:

Good point. Probably how, an'all. There have been several oil thefts within a 20 mile radius of my place in the past few years and that's just the ones I know of through dealing with the customers involved - doubtless there are many more.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

What proof is there to support your claim about a "real spate of heating oil thefts in rural areas"?

Is it just your supposition based on overreaction to a couple of news reports? Or are there facts to back up that claim?

How often have you come across "pikeys" looking for scrap? Probably once and maybe twice. That's hardly enough evidence to make a racist-like slur here in public.

Reply to
Zakko

Oh c'mon. 'Pikey' these days is a description of a type of person rather than a race or way of life, like travelling. Nor can you identify a 'pikey' by their god given appearance or anything else other than behaviour.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Zakko saying something like:

Have a look at my headers. Assuming you know how to, that is.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon