Domestic appliances - recommended parts suppliers?

A google search brings up a fair number of sites which supply assorted parts for domestic appliances, but which suppliers are the 'best' and don't charge extortionate prices?

Also, is there any where that service manuals for domestic appliances can be download at a minimal cost or for free?

Thanks

Reply to
jamma-plusser

In general your first port of call should be the manufacturer's own website; almost anything relatively recent should be on there.

Also:

David

Reply to
Lobster

I've had limited but satisfactory service here:

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Have a look at

got the glass for an oven door from them recently and they charged less than the other sites I found.

Go through Quidco for 7% cashback.

Thanks folks. :-)

Reply to
jamma-plusser

CPC have a parts finder service for most white and brown goods. Much of it is only available on the phone though rather than the web site.

Reply to
John Rumm

CPC can be quite good - but you have to contact them as much of that sort of stock isn't on their website.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Used to be very good. Last time I tried to use it, a part they used to stock was now 14 days to order from manufacturer, and parts they haven't been asked for before were something like a week to consult the manufacturer for availability and pricing and then 2 weeks to order. I hope that's just a blip on what has been an excellent service in the past.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I used it about a year ago for a bespoke speaker for a TV - they seemed to be able to get that in about three days. Not sure if it was from stock of theirs or Philips though.

Reply to
John Rumm

- never used them, but they deserve some credit for the name!

Reply to
Richard Conway