DOGS AND CARAVANNING - ADVICE NEEDED

We have been caravanning for a few years with our now 8 year old son, and we have just got a new member to our family - a border collie puppy. We intend to continue caravanning as much as possible 'cause we love it and hope that our new puppy will come to love the lifestyle as well. If there is any advice anyone can give us re dogs and caravanning - anything to make life easier, or little suggestions to help in the day to day business of having a dog in the caravan and, or, awning, we would be very grateful. Many thanks, Jude.
Judith Mott vomited DOGS AND CARAVANNING - ADVICE NEEDED onto my velour:

The caravanning lifestyle isn't fit for humans, never minds dogs. That's why you never see anyone normal towing a caravan, they're all jumper wearing freaks. I'm reporting you to the RSPCA.
--

Phil K.

http://philkyle2003.reachme.at/
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:23:40 +0000, |^eekaye

As one who occasionally camps on combined caravan/camp sites,i do notice sometimes that caravanners with dogs think its ok to take Fido for walkies on the camping filed and to shite all over the place. The best advice i can give you is to tether Fido with a good length of lead/rope so that he can wander within his immediate environs and not bother anyone else,AND ensure that he doesnt shite everywhere,and if he does,clear it up.. regards
joe
Personally I think your a sadster for having a caravan at all!

For some it's the only way of affording a holiday.
--
*Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Agreed but many spend so much on their caravanning they could in fact afford very nice expensive holidays instead.
My neighbour has a caravan which cost 28,000! 28 bloody grand for a piece of crap on wheels!
Nah, if your gonna do it then do it properly and but an nice big motor home like a Cardinal or similar!

afford
<snip other comments about how people chose to spend their own money>
Depends on whether you like to go with the 'flow' or make your own decisions about when and where to stay, who wants to be stuck in a crap hotel (even if there is a slim possibility of compensation...) ? Those who camp or caravan are their own bosses when on holiday, you don't need to be down for breakfast by a set time etc., you're not stuck in a grotty room, if you don't like the location you can move on. In short, those who camp or caravan are people who think for themselves and not just part of the Tourist industries flock of sheep to be fleeced each year !

Perhaps they consider their caravanning holiday very nice? Not everyone likes Tenerife, you know.

Their choice, surely?

Has it not occurred to you that many use a site as a base and explore the surrounding countryside by car? A motor home would be a PITA for that.
--
*Tell me to 'stuff it' - I'm a taxidermist.

<snip>

Hence why you sometimes see a Motor Home towing an 'A' frame (or dolly) with something like a Fiat Uno attached !

with
Exactly. Although I heard that was banned in some countries?

Heh heh - very American. But I'd prefer to have a decent car for the touring and tow a normal caravan to the site with it.
BTW, I'm *not* a caravanner, but am quoting all my brother's arguments for having one - being a teacher, it was the only way he could afford family holidays when the kids were small. And now they're married and he's retired, they've got another one - for summer go where you want holidays in the UK, and they also fly off for winter holidays abroad. Last year China, in a few days New Zealand.
--
*The most common name in the world is Mohammed *

Not if the motor home had a small car under the back bed like many larger ones have these days.
Dave Plowman wrote:

Frankly, If I were that poor, I'd stay at home.