does wiring usually approach a wall socket from above or below?

agency by labelling carbon dioxide as a pollutant.

them as a scientific source. Ultimately you've got

easy answer to the problem you posed. Volt-stick

simple faults without dismantling things. Deciding

or a faulty bulb, for example.

Good advice, but as I just mentioned to the OP there is no way that American website will be referring to the United Kingdom EPA.

Reply to
Graham.

Dunno, but I think the OP is right to be concerned. After all, it was an electrical field that killed two racehorses recently. :-p

Reply to
Jim White

Ever been in a 3.0 Tesla MRI scanner;?...

Reply to
tony sayer

potions and selectively quotes from random sources of varying credibility to further his sales.

If you feel em fields are a problem then the solution is simple. Pay for the socket to be relocated yourself.

It would be quite wrong for a housing association to spend its funds on doing so when there is no credible evidence that a socket in the position you describe poses any health risk whatsoever.

Reply to
Peter Parry

LOL!

Reply to
Gib Bogle

That makes life easy for us oldies doesn't it? The designers of the complex had some sense.

A plug is around 25mm thick - you woudn't even notice the gap.

Why are you concerned about nothing - and where is the evidence of harm?

I wonder if you use a mobile phone, if so, how close to your head do you hold it? If you do own such an implement, read up on the possible effects of emissions from them - and you'll crap yourself. And I won't wander down the road of people being constantly bombarded by radio and communication emissions.

He is quite correct in that it would not solve your "perceived worries" - he have to strip all the electric wiring from your flat and supply you with candles to solve those. And then you'b scared of a fire breaking out.

Now why would he fob you off when cable "drops" are common in millions of buildings? As for for the expense, would you wish to have your rent and service charges increased because tenants *expect* to have unnecessary works done?

Don't bother "fighting" the decision, you will lose - and think of the stress you will be under then!

I would suggest that you seek treatment for paranoia - and live in dwelling without electricity nor use a radio, computer or television to give you complete peace of mind.

You have no case for getting the HA to shift the socket, and it's not down to cost or difficulty - it is simply not necessary!

Dig into your own pocket and pay for it yourself if your that paranoid - and don't forget to ask the HA for permission to move the socket first.

Or you could simpy trip the breaker to the ring main for the sockets and use the overhead room light - then you'd complain about....

BTW, as a "coffin dodger" why are you so bloody worried about such trifles. Get out and enjoy the world, you could drop dead tomorrow - and your next abode would be rather dark, cold and wet - and you can't complain about that one. ;-)

Reply to
Unbeliever

I discovered that foil works very well. Since all the external walls in my house have aluminium foil between the wallboard and the wiring, I am unable to detect where the wiring is, with any kind of device!

Reply to
Matty F

harry wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@t16g2000vbi.googlegroups.com:

Whooooossshhhhhhh ....

Reply to
Chris Wilson
[snip]

Quite :-)

Reply to
Jim White

More of a sizzle, perhaps :)

Nick

Reply to
Nick Leverton

A local activist was whipping up enthusiasm on a Green blog for protests against a new mobile mast near a local school, using all the usual electro- magnetic field arguments.

I pointed out that a base station needs to receive all signals at the same level, so it instructs the mobiles to increase/decrease the trasmit power as appropriate to achieve this. As a result of this, the nearer to the mast the 'phone is, the lower the transmit level and that he might like to concern himself with the reduction in the powerful field generated 2cm from the kid's brains rather than the very much lower field from the mast 200m away.

He acknowledged the validity of the argument, then carried on with his campaign regardless ...

Reply to
Terry Casey

Even if he does get the socket - and wiring - removed at his own expense, unless his bed butts up to an outside wall, what about cables feeding sockets on the other side?

If it's the party wall with a mirror image flat on the other side, I'd say there's a 100% guarantee ...!

Reply to
Terry Casey

In article , Terry Casey scribeth thus

Course mobiles further away;?..

Bit out of touch anyway, children do not talk on their mobiles they just use TxT ....

Reply to
tony sayer