Does tiling require skill?

Glad I'm not the only one. Don't even know why I hate it so much. Suppose getting tile adhesive all over nails/tile faces/floor/everything else doesn't help. It's a bugger to get off as well!

I enjoy knocking walls down much more. Greater job satisfaction overall.

Reply to
Brett Jackson

With complex rooms - or old ones where the walls ain't square, it's sometimes impossible to avoid 'slivers' in places. This is where an electric cutter comes into its own.

Absolutely. And a simple draw prog on the computer can be very useful for this.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It is with cold water, but easy with hot. Found a neat way yesterday to avoid those big L shaped cuts round doors etc. Just score and snap the 2 sections from the same tile. Even I couldn't see the joins, and I was looking for them. It also overcomes the problem that walls never seem to be flat around door frames and it gives you a bit of leeway in correcting the levels.

Reply to
stuart noble

Try it with a dark tile i.e. Navy Blue, Black, Red etc, you'll sure notice it then!

John

Reply to
John

In article , stuart noble

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Just a note from the original poster to thank everyone for their advice. I have decided in view of this to employ a professional tiler, and dock the expense from my wife's housekeeping money.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Or complex shapes like this:

The distance from corner A to the diagonal was about 3/8". Now fitted all in one piece and only one was cut.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice