Does this sound a fair price?

1) 9mm plywood to be fitted first on top of floorboards. As shape of floorboards will show through vinyl over time. Also stops uneven wear. 2) Vinyl is loose laid not glued or tacked around edges, this is to allow for expansion and contraction.

Does this sound like correct procedure?

Also the quote was for £500 which is for 4x3 metre good quality vinyl. This includes moving appliances (including free standing range cooker), fitting plywood, laying vinyl, replacing of appliances. Appliances need two people to move as they need to be lifted into place once vinyl has been laid and not dragged or wheeled. Should take one days work.

Does any of this sound like bullshit or overpriced?

Thanks,

John

Reply to
John Smith

Sounds as though they know what they're doing.

Sounds a reasonable price if they are supplying everything for the job detailed above.

Reply to
BigWallop

1 is wise, 2 I wouldnt know about.

Why not do it yourself and save £400? Not bad for a days work.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

I reckon the price is not unreasonable, 4x3 m of plywood = 4 sheets at

15 quid = 60 quid floor covering = 12m2 at 20 quid a m2 = 240, if you are going to all this hastle, I assume you are not getting cheep floor covering. so thats 300 quid of materials, 100 quid a day per person who bring their own tools not bad.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper