Does it really work?

Hi all, Can you really get away with replacing a radiator valve without draining the complete system by blocking the over flow to, and outlet from the central heating header tank. I would be grateful for any comments or experiences. TIA

Reply to
ferret

It does if the points you mention are properly sealed. I believe someone, Drayton?, do a set of bungs that are supposed to this

Reply to
BillR

Yes, but you'll needs to remove a cup or two of water from a drain point. Also keep the other rad valve shut, also drain the radiator in question. Over-all it still saves time and effort.

Reply to
Ed Sirett