Does it matter much if I do the 'cutting in' the day before I paint the walls with a roller?

I can only do this in the evenings and doing both the cutting in and painting the walls with a roller would be difficult to complete in one evening. I'm using a very light cream colour so don't think it'll show. Any thoughts?

Reply to
johnboy

Would doing a wall at a time help?

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

No, that would mean cutting in each corner twice!

Reply to
johnboy

Well you said " any thoughts" so I have given you one .

You said you think it won't show but my understanding was that the rollering should be done straight after the cutting in while it ( the cutting in ) was still moist .

As for cutting in each corner twice not if you keep to ONE wall.I think that would show less than what you propse yourself ....far better to take a day or 2 off work if that's the problem and do it all like it should be .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

sorry, didn't mean to be rude.

I think I'll try it with the first coat and see how it looks....

Reply to
johnboy

No it wouldn't. You just run the brush down the corner and lap onto each wall by, say 3 inches, then roll one wall. Yes the other wall's edge will be dry by the following day, but you are suggesting doing it all like this in your OP.

FWIW, I can't see a problem with it - I've touched up patches days or even weeks later and they are not visible

Reply to
Phil L

I agree, though the matter the paint the better, for that.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

what?

what?

Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

Yeah .That's what I said as well at first reading...Matter as in More Matt ...More Vinyl Matt as opposed to Slkier as in More Silk ,More Vinyl Silk .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

My experience as well.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I find that with flat matt emulsion you can touch up imperceptibly weeks after applying it. Flat matt, as opposed to matt, or silk. I like flat matt. Posh paints and chalky paints.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster