Does Hep20 Pipework in Floor Void need Insultation & Support?

Over the summer I had a radiator moved from the inside wall of a downstairs room to underneath the window. The plumber used Hep20 pipework and ran it through the floor void.

While checking an airbrick I noticed that the new pipework is within about 6 inches of the airbrick and isn't insulated. Should I get the pipework insulated (not the easiest thing to do as it's a difficult space to get into) or is it likely to be OK (given that the void should warm up indirectly & as the heating is likely to be used in very cold periods)?

Also - I can't tell what the plumber did to support the pipework (it's about a 3 metre run to the radiator) - is this something I should get checked?

michaeld121

Over the summer I had a radiator moved from the inside wall of a downstairs room to underneath the window. The plumber used Hep20 pipework and ran it through the floor void.

While checking an airbrick I noticed that the new pipework is within about 6 inches of the airbrick and isn't insulated. Should I get the pipework insulated (not the easiest thing to do as it's a difficult space to get into) or is it likely to be OK (given that the void should warm up indirectly & as the heating is likely to be used in very cold periods)?

Also - I can't tell what the plumber did to support the pipework (it's about a 3 metre run to the radiator) - is this something I should get checked?

Thanks,

Michael

Reply to
michaeld121