Does anyone know any Hight Street retailers stocking Amber's range of bath/basin taps?

The 'orion' and 'laser' series of bath and basin taps by Amber seem quite good value but I would like to see and touch them at a store before buying online.

Does anybody know of a high street retailer that stocks this manufacturer, or re-branded version of the same?

Ideally near to Bristol, UK

Reply to
Peter

So when you have inspected these goods, made use of the retailers stock level, rent, rates, taxes, time, other overheads and assistance, what are you going to pay the retailer in recompense for buying elsewhere? Or are you expecting to freeload for as long as a retailer might last before going out of business due to such underhand behaviour?

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Oh good grief! Am I to assume that you send cheques to the good people of this newsgroups when you pick up snippets of useful information and advice?

Reply to
Peter

No, I offer my expertise in exchange for other people's. Fair exchange, no robbery.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

OK, this is becoming a bit academic but by your reasoning anyone that shops around for a deal, even on a high street, is abusing those shops they decide against buying an item from. The specific costs of running those shops be it Argos, Walmart ... or Dabs is of no concern to the shopper.

The existence of online shopping certainly presents an added dilemma for modern high street retailers but it is their choice to retain that (more expensive) high street presence. As a business they must do their numbers, however, it in no way imposes a responsibility on either potential customers, or browsers.

You can't assume that. You don't know the overheads of the other parties that are offering advice. Again, by your reasoning an exchange of information between yourself and, say, Cambridge Consultants, with all their inherent overheads is an inequitable exchange so some extra and asymmetric consideration should be offered, no?

Reply to
Peter