Does anyone have this gas meter installed in their home?

Hello,i was wondering if anyone can recognise this type of meter i their home?

It is a small electronic meter manufactured by Siemens. It is usually coloured white and is designated as an E6 meter and will be metric. It is not a credit meter,it is a prepayment meter.It has a light tan coloured card slot module fitted on the right hand side of the meter which takes a smart card simialr in size to a sky card. The card is "charged" with credit by taking it to a post office or other retail outlet where it is put in a charger module to be charged with credit which is then tranferred to the meter when it it put in the card slot on the meter.

This is not the other type of meter which is large mechanical type as fitted by Transco.

If you have one of these I'd be glad to hear from you ,if possible can you provide a picture?

Reply to
tarquinlinbin

ps if you take a look at this link

meter looks like the one in the middle of the banner picture

Reply to
tarquinlinbin

Your link does not work. I have one of these meters. What is your question. Jim

Reply to
Jim

It's called an E6 Electronic Prepayment meter manufactured by Siemens.

Transco do not fit these. More than likely is United Utilities/ Onstream etc etc - depending wh your gas supplier uses for their metering.

They are far better than as you say "bulky mechanical ones" No tilt tampers and rarely go wrong - wish we fitted them!!!

-- Transco_Boo_Hiss

Reply to
Transco_Boo_Hiss

Do they still knock these out?

After working at Schlum. I was at Siemens Measurements in Failsworth who were making these c. 10 years ago. I thought Eurometer/Gill had got a virtual monopoly on the E6 ultrasonic market following my departure?

Alex.

Reply to
AlexW

yeah they are out there - like i say we dont fit them so dont have muc to do with them, but i know the pre-payment module is landis & gyr an am 80% its a siemens E6. Cracking little things tho

-- Transco_Boo_Hiss

Reply to
Transco_Boo_Hiss

IIRC Siemens bought L&G, shortly after I left, mainly to get into the Quantum prepayment market I think.

It's nice to know that the huge effort put in by a lot of people in Siemens to get the E6 design & manufacturing process right actually still has some (even minor) relavence today (even though the factory is long gone I think).

Are the Gill/Eurometer E6's still knocking about?

Cheers,

Alex.

Reply to
AlexW