Does anyobdy know any consumer appliances that contain a water driven impeler of hydraulic cylinder?

For a project I am looking for a cheap consumer water hydraulic driven mechanism such as a water driven impeller or water hydraulic cylinder.

I have been thinking along the lines of those lawn sprinklers that slowly sweep a spray back and forth. I guess they contain some kind of water impeller but perhaps a little lightweight for my purposes.

Can anybody here think of someplace they have seen a water powered impeller or cylinder in a cheap commercial application. I can then buy the item and cannibalize it for the mechanism.

Reply to
Peter

A water meter?

I think some water softeners use the mains water to make them work too.

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

What about those cheapo pumps you power with your electric drill? In reverse of course.

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

There's a car wash brush for fitting to pressure washers, which uses the pressure to spin the middle section of the brush.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Water meters use a nutating disk, not an impeller. Good accuracy, but negligible torque available.

Reply to
dingbat

Ah, that sounds about right as there is clearly enough torque to rotate the brush.

Reply to
Peter

Only just, and thats after gearing down the revs (and hence up the torque). I doubt there's more than a couple of Watts power driving the brush, which is pretty bad going considering there's 1600W pumping the water in the first place.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel