Does andy make wood kitchen cabinets/carcases?

Hi all,

I'm looking for good quality kitchen units preferably constructed from real wood. All of the units I have seen that are available, even from high quality fitted kitchen manufactures such as Burbridge, are made from engineered wood melamine coated.

I just wondered if anyone out their manufactures real wood unit other than hand crafted bespoke kitchen joiners.

Chris

Reply to
swinster

It doubt it. If you want to pay decent money for decent product, then you're going to want it made to measure, i.e. bespoke.

Dealing directly with a good small-scale joiner can also be cheaper than some of the big-name outfits.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Actually, standard sizes will work fine but finding people that work in wood seem to be an issue - at least is is in the UK. I have found several large unit/cabinet makers but they are mainl based in the US.

Reply to
swinster

is this not something you can do yourself? kitch cabs are pretty simple.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Hi Swinster. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems finding solid wood manufacturers of Kitchens. I make kitchens from both solid wood using traditional techniques and also kitchens using solid wood for doors and engineered material for carcases. There are advantages and disadvantages for both methods. It would be good to talk to you and you can call me on 01556 690544. If you need verification that I am genuine then you will see that I have an advert in Mays homebuild and renovation magazine kitchen suppliment (Newark Traditional Kitchens). I think you would be surprised at how reasonable my prices are when compared to some high street brands made from inferior materials. Calum

Reply to
calums

If you want real wood why not go the extra distance and buy real furniture instead of highly obsolescent and expensive fitted stuff.

cheers

Jacob

Reply to
owdman