Does amonia deter cats...

from visiting your yard if sprayed on the top of walls?

I'm trying to locate a source for obtaing the amonia,but having no joy. Tried four chemist in the area and none stock it,whatever happend to the old chemist where you could buy almost anything. :-(

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

|from visiting your yard if sprayed on the top of walls? | |I'm trying to locate a source for obtaing the amonia,but having no joy. |Tried four chemist in the area and none stock it,whatever happend to the |old chemist where you could buy almost anything. :-(

No it ***ATTRACTS*** them. They thinks that another cat has peed there to mark the place as belonging to that cat and pee over the place to mark it as belonging to them. Wash places peed on by cats with *biological* washing powder.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Dave Fawthrop scribed:

He wants it to clean his fingers of nicotine, really, but as he's a tight git he wants another use for it too. :o)

Reply to
Siggy

Sussed,thin plywood with tacks/staples nailed through ply and glued or screwed to top of wall. I knew this nail/staple gun would come in handy.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

good lad you could top it all off with creosote for good measure :-)

Reply to
.

I have bottles of the stuff here but it won't keep cats away.

Haven't we been here before and I upset you by answering lion shit?

Get some from a zoo, it scares the crap out of all other felines and you will never be bothered again.

Reply to
EricP

In message , The3rd Earl Of Derby writes

Air rifle, you thought it was feral as it didn't have a collar on and it was a legitimate pest control measure.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Are you making bombs?

Nope!

Resolved the issue.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Not gripper rods?

Someone'll be along in a minute to tell you it's all "illegal", and that sort of thing. I take it that the wall *is* on your own ground, and that casual passers-by won't get shredded on it...

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I found some in a window cleaning product in one supermarket.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If you hit them with a good squirt they won`t be too keen to return :-p

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Boots sell it. Maybe a couple of quid for half a litre.

Reply to
Matt

Then someone should tell the councils its illegal to put razor wire on the ally gates. If they object and say..."its for keeping out unwanted riffraff,then I'll say same here. :-)

Gripper rods...now why didn't I think of that,hmmm! plenty o those in the loft. Good stuff MrBacon.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Surprised the unwanted riff-raff haven't swiped the ally gates for scrap!

Reply to
Chris Bacon

That won't stand up in court. Good job too.

Reply to
Rob Morley

I doubt it. What you need is lion urine:

search eBay or Google for "Silent Roar" which is available in the UK.

Reply to
Rob Morley

The message from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

I'm surprised the pikeys haven't nicked 'em for scrap. Ally's expensive!

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Chris Bacon contains these words:

Hah! The rays!

Reply to
Guy King

Yup at 500GBP a gating...or at least thats what council lead you to believe,even the key is a tenner a go if you need a replacement. Cheeky barstewards.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Be careful how much you use

ARWadsworth