dodgy dog - what to do

It didn't work like that for me. Parents were around just enough to start with so that the mistakes never got lethal, just hurt.

After that we were on our own once we showed we had some common sense.

By te time you are 5 you will probably survive a dig mauling. Its the

0-3 years olds that are vulnerable.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So your previous,

Isnt what actually happened with you.

We have in fact had some kids older than that killed by dogs.

But it still makes no sense to be a helicopter parent for kids that age.

Reply to
Hankat

I love that response.

...Ray.

Reply to
RayL12

I'm not in your shoes but, I agree with the reasoning of Passerby.

They are indeed fast and strong. They have a desire to run and pull. Their reward is a bit of food and a good rub and thank you from the owner.

I don't see them as evolving as a predator. And, I agree that the are borne to love company and hard play.

To maybe sway you a little more have a gander at this 2 minute video...

...Ray.

Reply to
RayL12