Do Wireless Hot Water Thermostats exist ?

Hello,

I need to update my heating system, toa fully pumped system. But getting wires from the Hot water cylinder to the boiler controls will be a real hassles with carpets and floorboards. I notice that wireless Room Thermostats exist, but I have not found any reference to wireless hot water cylinder thermostats. Does anyone know if they exist ?

I am perplexed to know why they are not readily available.

Thanks

Julian

Reply to
Jules

Yes they do.

Danfoss Randall make one.

search on WP75-RF

Reply to
Andy Hall

In some areas, wireless communication of this type is starting to become unusable because it's reaching saturation. On Radio 4 today, there was an interview with one of the car breakdown companies, and they are now getting rapidly increasing numbers of calls for cars which can't be unlocked in some car parks, because the keyfob transmitter signal is drowned out.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In article , Andrew Gabriel writes

Usually by the new TETRA Airwave police system ,appx 385 MHz. Doubt that the off wireless thermostat would affect a car outside the house at all...

Reply to
tony sayer

It is very likely that your evil neighbour will hack into your central heating and turn it up and down at the wrong times.

John

Their 'expert' said not.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The remote on my old Rover SD1 - part of an alarm/immobiliser fitted by myself some 15 years ago - does indeed sometimes 'lock up' for no apparent reason. It's an AM RF type. Luckily, I have an external disable key switch on it.

Never had a problem with the 'new' car.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Dave Plowman (News) writes

Yes a lot of "experts" out there now;).

Well I've been discussion this with some of the OFCOM staff, formerly the Radio Investigation Service, and they see things like this on a day to day basis.

Its well known that a lot of key fob receivers are "wide open" to RF and most any local strong "ish" RF field will cause them to "block" and hence not work!.

The one on our Volvo is like that, and will play up anywhere near a TX site but my old Audi which still has a lump of metal is rather immune;))

Reply to
tony sayer

Andy

Excellent, Thanks for the reference.