Do "volt sticks" work on armoured cable?

I have never (until now) heard of the outer conductor in a concentric cable being called armour. To my mind it is just a concentric conductor.

Reply to
Bruce

Wrong. They use steel armour. Copper is not an 'armour'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes. Point noted and I was wrong with what I said.

It was more to say to newshound (and other posters) that there are cables with copper not steel "outers" that look like SWA. The clue being in the use of the letters SWA.

Cheers

Reply to
ARW

You're not doing this internet argument thing right! ;-)

Reply to
Adam Funk