Do shower pumps HAVE to go on cistern systems?

I have a new loft conversion going in that will have an ensuite with it. The house has a Megaflow hot water system, and the flow rate is adequate on the 1st floor, but I'm not sure if the water pressure here will be up to it for feeding the loft.

Can you get shower pumps that can just be used to boost the flow rate on a mains pressure system? i.e. to overcome the effect of all that water trying to climb 7m...

All the ones I've seen so far just assume you've got both hot & cold water on a cistern...

TIA

Hamish.

Reply to
Hamie!

If its mains pressure entirely adequate.

Generally its at least 2 bar, and one bar is 30 inches of mercury, or about 32ft of water...so you should be able to get good flow rates up to

50-60ft above ground level.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher