Do NOT do this!

Shove a baking potato into the microwave oven. It's the healthy option, better than chips. Try to set the warp drive power and the timer, but you don't understand how to do it but hope for the best. Go do something else and forget all about it. Hear the smoke alarm going off, house full of smoke, potato the size of a marble and black. Interior of the microwave now a brown/yellow colour that cannot be scrubbed off.

24 hours later the house still stinks of smoke. So does the microwave. Microwave at the end of the driveway awaiting the passing of the pikey scrap man. It was only 6 months old ------------
Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

So the man who hates Council properties decides to make the place look like one , might as well stick a vinyl plastic settee and a sign saying "Twinned with Tower Hamlets" as well.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

I managed to make a microwave go up in smoke once, and get three fire appliances come out, by heating up a vegetable samosa in it.

There is a metallo-chromic effect that can occur with the 'eyes' of potatoes which can cause them to have the same effect as putting metal in a microwave. This one reason at least why you won't microwave instructions on the side of the samosa packet.

So you might have had trouble even apart from leaving it on too long...

J^n

Reply to
jkn

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Out of curiosity I've just dragged it into the garage and plugged it in. Nothing happened. The fuse is okay.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Any evidence or proof of this statement?

Reply to
ARW

Loads. But you would not understand as you know your station in life. I know that you live in a shit council house on a shit council estate. If you had grown a pair you would not be living where you are. I see no need to provide anything to scum council trash, not even a drink of water in the desert.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

It's not me that has thrown a f***ed microwave into the street because I was too stupid to know how to use it.

Reply to
ARW

I'm sure your local Roma community will happily assist you in its removal. And much else besides should you leave your garage unlocked.

Reply to
Julian Barnes

When as I do you don't live in an estate council or private the difference between them decent or otherwise is immaterial.

Pikeys don't come around here as it would cost them too much in fuel and time to make any money from the the thinly spread population.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Sticking a teaspoon etc in a glass of milk is a good way to heat it evenly in a microwave without it boiling over.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Should it not be the person who should suffer. Actually, I'd say that its debatable that you cannot remove this mess. Most modern microwaves have a system to shut them off if things start to go bad in the way you describe. Consider paying a little more and get one with safely features next time. Mine if the item inside does not absorb the rays, cuts off, it alls cuts off if significant smoke appears, and has helpful hints that tell you what to do with stuff like you were putting into it. However mine talks to me in a very serious English male voice and I often find myself telling it that I know its not what it said but I'm doing it anyway. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Would it work better if it had a husky female voice that cajoled you into doing the right thing?

Reply to
GB

The solution is that the council stops charging an arm and a leg to take or accept the stuff.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yes. If a council tip refuses to take certain types of stuff, the temptation is to dump it on the town hall steps.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Oh Brian! I don't think you should have put that there, you naughty boy."

Reply to
mark.bluemel

Bleach, Brillo pads and loads of elbow grease got me nowhere.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

ARW scribbled

His neighbours believe he's pikey because of the amount of shit he leaves in the front garden.

Reply to
Jonno

Metallo-chronic sounds scientific but this video explains it another way. It says pointy food in a microwave can cause sparks to fly. Maybe those potatoes were old and the sprouting bits were pointy.

Should be easy enough to verify but it's not really interesting enough to make me rush and try it. :-)

Reply to
pamela