Do I need to protect the carcase for built-in cooker ?

I think I either saw or read to use either aluminium or I may have seen some protective material..

Of the top of my head it was on a supplier's website when I was searching for something else.

On the existing carcase, there are quite deep burn marks

Reply to
andysideas

You certainly wouldn't need to on any modern built-in cooker I've come across - they are designed to sit inside a purpose-designed unit. That being said, the cooker instructions will definitely state what clearances, ventilation, protection etc are required, so you should certainly consult that (and obtain one if you haven't got one) to get a definitive answer.

The burn marks do sound worrying - shouldn't be doing that so something's amiss somewhere.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Well at least that old cookers' gone.

So you've not seen this material I am talking about then.

Reply to
andysideas