DIYer down

My uncle (Welshpool's answer to TMH), putting in some loft insulation today fell through and has gone to meet jeezus

So be careful up in those lofts peeps

Reply to
geoff

Sorry to hear that Geoff. My condolences to you and the family.

Regards, DaveyOz

Reply to
Dave Osborne

Likewise.

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Same here, but you do know that TMH would not fit through the joists?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Likewise.

He must have been unlucky. I got away with a few breakages after falling

15' from a roof.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Yes indeed, sorry. Very unlucky to have such dire consequences.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

You don't need to fit through the joists, just bring them down with you.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I'm glad that I insulated and floored my attic before I became a fat old bastard

Reply to
geoff

Deepest sympathies to you and yours.

Reply to
clonet

Pants. If there is anything beyond this life, here's hoping that it involves angle grinders and pressure washers.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember geoff saying something like:

Bloody 'ell.

Indeed. You never know the minute. I hope the customer pays for work done.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Sorry to hear that Geoff...

Reply to
John Rumm

geoff wibbled on Tuesday 10 August 2010 21:20

Sorry to hear that. My condolencies to all concerned.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Watts

Yeesh, it's not the fall but the sudden stop(s).

And can we now please keep quiet about falling off things for the next few weeks? Says him with rather a lot of scaffolding around the house, highest platforms are at ridge height around the chimneys (I didn't think they built drystone chimneys... 'cause thats the condition of the top of one of 'em).

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

ditto, Geoff

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

On that note, I better do mine before I can't fit into the attic.

Reply to
Matthew.Ridges

Condolences to Geoff and Oi! to ARW.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "ARWadsworth" saying something like:

You may jest, but around here many of the older cottages have a tiny square loft hatch which I just can't fit through. I've had to expand one or two of them.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Not something any of us want to hear - either a DIY or professional building accident. Very sorry to hear.

Dave - the nearest I came to something similar is helping my father repair a very similar chimney some 40 to 50 feet up as a yuf. He'd put scaffolding up the gable end to the roof ridge level, but although it was probably safe it was not attached absolutely firmly to the house so as you stepped onto the roof there was this movement in the scaffold in the opposite direction...... and as you say the chimney was drystone - or at least was more like dry dust !! And I was rock climbing at Very Severe level then. Ahhhhh.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

So you really want to avoid having your sandwiches whilst you're up there...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel