DIY Windows

I've ordered some French windows from Screwfix and am thinking of fitting them next weekend.

Is there anything I need to do to comply with building regulations - do the new windows have to be inspected after fitting?

TIA

Ian

Reply to
Ian Waddell

The windows must be certified as complying with energy efficiency regulations, which would almost always mean double glazed. As the glazing is likely to go below a certain height, it should be of a safety (usually toughened) type. The gap between the door frame and the masonry must be filled with foam to eliminate any gaps that could reduce energy efficiency.

Yes. Legally, you need to submit a building notice before you start work.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Christian.

I've just replaced the front door to the porch cos the existing one was roten - does that need a building notice as well?

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

Yep.

You should keep the window spec in case they ask if they have the right U-value. etc ete etc .........

Rick

Reply to
Rick

You did ! Screwfix's "Big Stuff" always seems more expensive than B&Q

Reply to
Mike